Our Returns Policy and Process
What qualifies for a return?
If you purchased a bag from a retailer, you'll need to go to the retailer directly to return it.
If you purchased (or received as a gift) a non-custom product (black label) from Timbuk2.com directly,
we're able to offer you a return. And if you purchased a custom bag (red label) from us,
unfortunately, we cannot offer you a return for the bag. Bags purchased through our Pro-Deal website are likewise
non-returnable. Please read the details below.
Timbuk2 Gift Certificates and Bag in a Box gift cards are only redeemable for product purchases on Timbuk2.com. There are no cash refunds for the balance on your card. However, your credit won't expire. We'll keep your balance safe in our electronic bank vault until you are ready to make a purchase on Timbuk2.com.
If you purchased or received a gift directly from Timbuk2.com, we can issue you a refund or web-store credit provided that the following conditions are met:
- The product is not a custom-made Timbuk2 product -- it must have a black label.
- It's within 30 days of the purchase.
- You have the invoice number of the order, and you know the last name of the original purchaser.
If you purchased your product from a retail store or a website other than Timbuk2.com, please go directly to the original place of purchase.
If you ordered a custom-made product from Timbuk2.com, we're sorry but, we can't offer you a return. If your bag has a red tag, that means it's a custom-made bag. That means it was you who decided that purple, yellow and brown would look good next to each other. Unfortunately, although we think your bag is beautiful, we can't take it back. All sales are final on custom-made bags. No returns.
The Returns Process
To process a return please follow these steps:
- First, find the Customer Reference Number on the invoice you received with your order. (It's a 7 digit number and is called the "Ref. Num." on the left side of the invoice.) If you don't know this number, please email CustomerService@timbuk2.com and give us your first name, last name, email address, shipping address and order date. If this was a gift, please tell us the purchaser's first and last name. We'll look up your Customer Reference Number and email it back to you.
- Enter the Customer Reference Number and the last name of the original purchaser on the return form. Submit the form.
- You should then see a copy of the original order. Check off the items you want to return, double-check all the information on the form, and submit it.
- You will then see the Return Summary page. Find your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number near the top. Write this number down, as you will need to write it on the box that you're sending back to us.
- Print out the Return Summary page and send it to Timbuk2 along with the product you want to return. Make sure to write the RMA number on the outside of the box!
Mail your product return to the following address:
2394 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Once received, returns take approximately 7-10 business days to process.
Returned goods must be in perfect, un-used condition. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, we will not accept returns for any reason other than defects.
Checking the Status of Your Return
Use this page to check the status of your return.
If you think your bag is defective, you may qualify for a warranty return.
If You Received the Wrong Product
If you received the wrong product in your shipment, or are missing something from your order,
please contact us at ShippingError@timbuk2.com.
To expedite a resolution, please indicate your order number,
as well as the item that was shipped in error or was missing from your order.
We will process a replacement shipment and provide return instructions if applicable as soon as possible.
If you still haven't found the answer to your question, please send us an email. A list of email address is on the Contact Us page.