Transparency & Compliance
Monitoring & Transparency
All Timbuk2 partner facilities must comply with the Timbuk2 Code of Conduct. The Timbuk2 Compliance Team is responsible for sharing the Timbuk2 Code of Conduct with partners and working with them to ensure compliance. Timbuk2 monitors compliance via full-time staffing of Timbuk2 team members in manufacturing regions, regular on-site inspections of production facilities by members of the Timbuk2 Compliance, Production, and Design teams, and third party audits. During on-site visits, Timbuk2 representatives are allowed full access to production facilities and management.
Timbuk2 is proud of all its manufacturing partners and facilities and freely publishes the Timbuk2 Code of Conduct and global map of manufacturing facilities on timbuk2.com for all interested parties to view at any time. Additionally, the Country of Origin is clearly visible inside every Timbuk2 product and origin is specified on each product page on timbuk2.com.
- Timbuk2 Compliance Team: Members of the Timbuk2 Compliance team include C-level executives, and members of the Design, Operations, HR, and Marketing teams. Compliance team members are responsible for Timbuk2 Code of Conduct reviews and ongoing compliance measurement via regular communication, on-site visits, and third party audits via Underwriter Laboratories (UL).
Underwriter Laboratories (UL) is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in sustainability, renewable energy and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitating trade and providing peace of mind.
- Timbuk2 Full-Time Employees in Manufacturing Regions: Timbuk2 employs full-time employees in Asia to oversee manufacturing in partner facilities. These employees are native to the region and therefore speak the local language and intuitively understand the local culture and customs.
Compliance & Remediation
In the instance of a Timbuk2 Code of Conduct violation in a partner facility, Timbuk2 follows this mitigation process:
- Directly communicate with partner facilities to develop and adopt a remediation plan and execution timeline.
- Execute remediation plan per agreed upon timeline, pulling in third party support if needed.
- Evaluate outcome of remediation plan and adopt updated remediation plan and timeline if needed.
Using the above stated process, all violations must be resolved within a reasonable timeframe as defined by Timbuk2 and the partner facility, less the relationship be terminated.