Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy in bulk?
Want to buy bags more than 25 bags for your closest friends? Corporate Sales to the rescue! Our Corporate Sale team does wonders with custom embroidery and screen printing. See examples of their work here and to kick off your own project, contact them here.
How can I get a promo code or discount coupon?
Ah the elusive promo codes. Your best bet is to sign up for our email list so we can send you info about special offers and new products! Sign up here.
Choosing Your Timbuk2 Bag
Which bag is right for me?
That’s a great question! Start by answering a few basic questions:
- Do I want to design my own bag?
- Am I going to be carrying a laptop?
- Do I want a backpack (two shoulder straps), or a messenger bag (one shoulder strap)?
If you decide on what type of bag you want, check out these charts that’re full of helpful info for you to compare and contrast some of your options:
Compare All Messenger Bags
Compare All Backpacks
Compare All Laptop Bags
Still stumped? Go ahead and give us a call or email, we’ll find a perfect match for you.
I’m having trouble picking out a gift.
You can’t go wrong with a Timbuk2 Gift Card. You can load it up for any amount, and then choose to email the code immediately or print it out and wrap it up in our clever origami messenger bag for a real-life present they can touch.
I don’t see the bag I want!
Bummer! We keep our inventory fresh so if you see something you like, GRAB IT! Sometimes items go in and out of stock, but when something is really gone, it’s gone baby! This is almost always true for the specialty fabrics in our customizer, so don’t delay! To be in the know on our new products, sign up for our email list.
Is my laptop going to fit?
We’ve done all the fit research for you so all you have to do is browse and buy. Please check out our Laptop Fit Guide.
Ordering and Payment
My order won’t go through!
Trust me, we really want your money, so just hold tight and we’ll figure this out together.
- Did you get a red pop-up message that said ‘insert message here’?
- Have you moved in the last 8-10 months? If so, our billing address verification system probably wants to use your previous billing address. Give that a try!
- Or, do you have any abbreviations in your billing info? Check your statement and see exactly how it’s listed: ‘apt’ vs. ‘#’,or ‘Street’ vs. ‘St.’ You get the idea. Our verification can be super strict; you gotta get it just right.
- No, I didn’t get a message, the contents of my cart just disappeared!
- Aha! The old disappearing contents trick. Call Customer Service so we can give it a try. We’ve often have the magic touch!
- I didn’t get an email confirmation.
- Did you check your junk folder?
- Still no confirmation? That usually means you in correctly entered your email address. Whoops! Call us and we will help you track it down.
Please remember that every time you try to push this order through, your card will be authorized for the total amount of the order. However, an authorization is not a charge! Any unnecessary authorizations will fall off your statement as soon as your bank verifies that we did not process the charge. It may take 2 – 3 business days for the authorizations to drop off.
I think I was billed twice!
It’s possible but you’re most likely just seeing additional authorizations. Did you have to try placing your order more than once? If the charges on your card are listed as “pending,” they’ll fall off in couple of days. We know this whole thing can be super confusing so give us a call, and we’ll double check! 1-800-865-2513.
Can I change my order?
We want to say yes but we have to say no. Unfortunately, once your order is placed, we cannot make any changes to it.
Will I get charged sales tax?
For orders shipping to the United States: Timbuk2 pays all applicable sales tax for orders shipped to addresses in the United States except for orders shipping to an address within California. However, all gift card and gift certificate orders are exempt from all sales tax! For orders shipping to an International address: International orders are subject to duties, customs, and value added taxes that aren’t reflected in our prices. You will be responsible for paying these charges upon receipt of your order. We are required by law to disclose full value of the package contents and cannot alter this value. Check with your local Customs office for those charges. Some countries may charge an additional handling fee for delivery within that country.
Can I get free shipping?
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders over $75. Free Ground Shipping awarded to orders that exceed $75 after coupon redemptions, promotions and discounts are applied. Offer is automatically applied at checkout when standard shipping option is selected. Offer only valid for orders shipped within the 48 contiguous United States and excludes the following over-sized items: Conveyor Wheeled Duffel, Co-Pilot Roller. Read more fascinating information on our shipping page.
Dude, where’s my bag?
It’s either here, there, or on its way! Have your order number ready and track it here. Don’t know your order number? Give us a call and we’ll get to the bottom of this.
When is my bag going to ship?
- Orders shipped US ground or international are shipped 5 – 7 days after the order is placed.
- Orders shipped 2-day or next day are shipped 1 – 2 days after the order is placed, depending on what time the order was placed.
The exact timing of shipment all depends on how many orders are in line in front of yours. Oh and just to be super clear, “business” means Monday through Friday and excludes most US holidays. Go to the order tracking page if you want to track your order.
Can I return my stuff?
Ok, we’ll let you, as long as it’s NOT CUSTOM, ordered within 30 days, hasn’t been used, and has all the tags still attached! Just follow the instructions here.
My bag is broken or damaged. What should I do?
WHAT? No way! While our bags are nearly indestructible, strange things do happen. Lucky for you, all the information you need is right here. If we can’t repair your goods, we’ll replace it! Now THAT’S a warranty!
My bag is lookin’ a little dingy, what I can do?
So your Timbuk2 Bag is no longer looking its best and you want to make it sparkling new again. We recommend spot cleaning for your bag.
- Take a damp towel or sponge with a mild detergent and wipe clean.
- For greasier, more stubborn dirt – try plain dish soap or a cleaner like simple green.
- Can you wash your bag in the washer? We do NOT recommend it.
- Why not?
- The fabrics have waterproofing coatings on the inside that can be washed away in the washer.
- Some features of the bag might bleed or run.
- It will void the warranty.
- NEVER put your bag in the dryer. Ever. You will cry, we will cry, everyone involved will cry…
Recycle Your Bag / Break Up With Your Bag
Can I recycle my bag?
Oh yes, you can. And not just in the super green-save-the-earth way, but in a way rad pay-it-forward kind of way. Check out our recycle program here.
Do you offer gift cards?
Yes! You can purchase a gift card online or in store. Gift cards are redeemable in store or on the website and should be treated like cash as they cannot be replaced.