Customer Service Representative
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Customer Service Manager, Ecommerce
As a Customer Service Representative you serve on the front lines of our consumer hotline. You are responsible for the obvious phone and email communication but you are ultimately responsible for how and what our customers think about Timbuk2. This is extraordinarily important to us. We really can’t emphasize that enough. You will infuse the brand with your infectious enthusiasm and love and appreciation of service. You secretly love a difficult customer and truly understand that it’s not personal, it’s just good business.
- Handle incoming customer service calls, emails and chats regarding product questions and order placement.
- Troubleshoot customer concerns such order status, returns, warranties and discrepancies.
- Answer incoming general phone calls and route as necessary
- Make outgoing calls in response to customer messages and inquiries.
- Manage Ecommerce website orders, occasionally placing online orders and doing your best to get that sale!
- Process incoming warranties, returns, and recycled bags.
- Assist marketing in managing Timbuk2.com and occasionally troubleshoot web related issues for customers.
- Engage with Operations, Product Development, and Ecommerce departments to provide out of this world service to the customer.
- Participate in product line reviews and be in the know about the Timbuk2 line past, present and future.
- Think forward and brainstorm ways to advance to our design team, the invaluable feedback our customers impart to us regarding our product and use that knowledge for good and never for evil.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a high-volume, call center is preferred and having your sleeves rolled up and ready to jump in is a must.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably with companies in the Fashion, Outdoor, Bike or Travel Goods markets, is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications especially Outlook, Word, and Excel; love for the internet and proficiency in web browsers, Firefox, Explorer or Safari.
- Knowledge of Great Plains, or similar inventory/order applications.
- Exceptional communication skillz both verbal (phone) and face-to-face.
- Fun, quirky writing “voice” for creative email compositions and chats.
- Ability to learn and retain super duper in-depth knowledge of the entire product line, past, present, AND future, and answer customer questions about it.
- Empathy for our customer is a must! It’s not about you, it’s about problem solving and peace and goodwill toward all customers.
- Great analytical skills and a willingness to take ownership; change is a constant and we are a growing business. You must be comfortable in this rapidly changing environment as well as working under minimal supervision.
- Communicate upward, downward and across the board, any customer issues that concern ops, product, etc; escalate issues to superiors when necessary.
Timbuk2 Designs, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets messenger bags and accessories for the outdoor, bicycle, computer, fashion and travel goods market segments.
Apply online here: https://hiring.accolo.com:443/