Live chat with a Timbuk2 Rep
Corporate Responsibility & Manufacturing
Timbuk2 owns-and-operates its San Francisco factory and has long-term relationships with partner factories in Indonesia and Vietnam.
Our blend of domestic and international manufacturing enables produce products that feature a range of technologies, price points, and delivery timelines.
All our custom products are sewn in San Francisco within 48 hours of purchase. We’ve continuously manufactured in San Francisco since our founding in 1989. Come visit us the first Friday of every month for a Factory Tour.
Vietnam and Indonesia
Tasindo Tassa Industries
Raya serang km 13.8 cikupa –Tangerang 15710
Code Of Conduct
The Timbuk2 Code of Conduct provides a minimum standard and compliance is mandatory for all Timbuk2 partners and their employees. Additionally, Timbuk2 expects its partners to comply with national and international law that applies to the working relationship and runs annual third party unannounced audits to assess compliance.
- Informed Workplace: Timbuk2's partners must inform employees about current workplace standards orally and visually by posting standards in prominent locations regularly frequented by workers. Additionally, workers must be made aware of their rights to freedom of association and to collective bargaining.
- Working Conditions and Hygiene: A safe and hygienic working environment must be provided. Hazards in the work environment must be minimized and accidents prevented via regular and recorded health and safety training for all workers. Access to clean toilet facilities, potable water, and clean, safe accommodations and food preparation or storage areas are to be provided where appropriate.
- Minimum Wage: Workers in Timbuk2 partner facilities are to be paid at least minimum wage and benefits as defined by national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. All workers must be provided with written and understandable information about their wages before they enter employment. Deductions from wages may not be permitted in any instance unless provided for by national law.
- Working Hours: Working hours in Timbuk2 partner facilities shall comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection. Workers cannot be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week on any regular basis and must be provided with at least one day off for every seven day period on average. Overtime must be voluntary, not demanded on a regular basis, and always compensated at a premium rate.
- Humane Treatment: Timbuk2 has zero tolerance for physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation.
- No Child Labor: Timbuk2 has zero tolerance for the use or recruitment of child labour. No person under the age of 15 shall be employed in a Timbuk2 partner facility and legal requirements for employees under 18 years of age must be observed.
- No Forced Labor: Employment in Timbuk2 partner facilities is freely chosen. There may be absolutely no forced or bonded labour. Workers may not be required to lodge deposits or identity papers with their employer and must be free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
- No Discrimination: Timbuk2 has zero tolerance for discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership, or political affiliation.
- Women's Rights: Timbuk2 is proud to employ women and maintains that all women workers in Timbuk2 partner facilities shall receive equal remuneration, including benefits, equal treatment, equal evaluation of the quality of their work, and equal opportunity to fill all positions open to male workers. Pregnancy tests may not be a condition of employment or demanded of employees. Workers who take maternity leave (of a duration determined by local and national laws) will not face dismissal or threat of dismissal, loss of seniority or deduction of wages, and will be able to return to their former employment at the same rate of pay and benefits. Workers may not be forced or pressured to use contraception. Workers may not be exposed to hazards, including glues and solvents, that may endanger their safety, including their reproductive health. Facilities shall provide appropriate services and accommodation to women workers in connection with pregnancy.
- Migrant Workers: Migrant workers must be afforded the same rights as national and resident workers in Timbuk2 partner facilities.
- Subcontracting: Timbuk2 must pre approve all subcontracted production of Timbuk2 products and the subcontractor must comply with the Timbuk2 Code of Conduct.
- Environment: Our authorized facilities must comply with local and national law regarding waste management and disposal.
We are founding members of the San Francisco manufacturing advocacy non-profit,SFMade. We are the second largest manufacturer in the city, and are committed to mentoring and advocating for other makers in the city.