Ordering & Payment
Trust us, we really want your money, so just hold tight and we'll figure this out together.
- Did you get a red message that said to check your payment or billing details?
- Have you moved in the last 8-10 months? If so, our billing address verification system probably wants to use your previous billing address. Give that a try!
- Or, do you have any abbreviations in your billing info? Check your statement and see exactly how it's listed: 'apt' vs. '#',or 'Street' vs. 'St.' You get the idea. Our verification can be super strict; you gotta get it just right.
- No, I didn't get a message, the contents of my cart just disappeared!
- Aha! The old disappearing contents trick. Call Customer Service so we can give it a try. We often have the magic touch!
- I didn't get an email confirmation.
- Did you check your junk folder?
- Still no confirmation? That usually means you incorrectly entered your email address. Whoops! contact us and we will help you track it down.
Also, having an item in your cart does not reserve it, nor does it save the sale price. If we sell out of the item or the sale ends, this change may prevent your order from going through.
It's possible, but you're most likely just seeing 2 or more authorizations. Please remember that every time you attempt to make an order, your card will be authorized for the total amount of the order. However, an authorization is not a charge! Any unnecessary authorizations will fall off your statement as soon as your bank verifies that we did not process the charge. It may take 3 - 5 business days for the authorizations to drop off. We know this whole thing can be super confusing so give us a call, and we'll double check! Contact us with the dollar amount and your billing address details so that we can check to see if there are duplicate orders in your name.
We want to say yes but we have to say no. Unfortunately, once your order is placed, we cannot make any changes to it. It might be possible to cancel your order. Please CALL US as soon as possible if you wish to do this, as we work hard to get your order shipped quickly and have a very short window of opportunity to cancel orders. Our window is teeny tiny, so timing is of the essence. Please note during sales and flash promotions, order cancelations are NOT possible, the elevated volume make it impossible to locate your order to pull and cancel ready made/stock bags.
For orders shipping within the United States: Local sales tax is assessed for orders shipped to addresses in the United States where we have a brick and mortar Timbuk2 store. All Gift Card and eGift orders are exempt from all sales tax in states we collect tax in! For those states we do not have operations, you are responsible for paying any sales/use taxes with your state tax authority.
For orders shipping to an International address: All Timbuk2.com orders are denominate in US dollars. International orders are subject to duties, tariffs, customs, and value added taxes that aren't reflected in our prices or shipping rates. You or the recipient will be responsible for paying these charges upon receipt of your order. We are required by law to disclose full value (in US dollars) of the package contents and cannot alter this value, this includes the retail values for promotional items such as gift with purchase and buy one get one free items. Check with your local customs office for those charges. Many destinations may be assessed an additional handling fee for brokering these payments prior to delivery.
Shipping & Returns
Most of the year we ship ready made items within 1-3 business days of the order being placed.
During promotions or high volume times this processing time may increase, for the most up to date processing times please check our shipping page or the final checkout page.
The exact timing of shipment all depends on how many orders are in line in front of yours. Oh and just to be super clear "business" means Monday through Friday and excludes most US holidays. Want to know your tracking number or if your order shipped, track it here.
Can I return my stuff?
Ok, we'll let you, as long as it's NOT CUSTOM, was ordered within 30 days, hasn't been used, and has all the tags still attached! Just follow the instructions here.
WHAT? No way! While our bags are nearly indestructible, strange things do happen. Lucky for you, all the information you need is right here. We have a repairs program that may be able to get your bag back into action. For more details about our Lifetime Warranty and our paid repairs program, check out our Warranty and Repairs page. Need a part? Check out our Replacement Parts to see if it can be ordered.
Repairs & Bag Care
So your Timbuk2 Bag is no longer looking its best and you want to make it sparkling new again. We recommend spot cleaning for your bag.
- Take a damp towel or sponge with a mild detergent and wipe clean.
- For greasier, more stubborn dirt - try plain dish soap or a cleaner like simple green.
- Natural fabrics, such as wool or cotton canvas are best cleaned with a wet rag, synthetic fibers such as nylon or polyester can be scrubbed with a plastic bristled brush.
- Can you wash your bag in the washer? We do NOT recommend it.
- Why not?
- The fabrics have waterproofing coatings on the inside that can be washed away in the washer.
- Some features of the bag might bleed or run.
- It will void the warranty.
- NEVER put your bag in the dryer. Ever. You will cry, we will cry, everyone involved will cry...and any damage caused by the machine won't be covered under our warranty.
Yes we stock replacement parts on our website that are available for purchase. Replacement Parts are available if you want to do the repair yourself or if the broken part is not covered by our warranty. Our warranty policy does not cover accidental damage such as busted wheels caused by baggage mishandling, straps that were chewed up by your dog, or lost parts. If you don’t see the part you need here, or you believe the broken part is covered by our warranty, email a picture of the damaged part to email@example.com.
Want to buy more than 25 bags for your closest friends, co-workers or for an event? Corporate Sales to the rescue! Our Corporate Sales team does wonders with custom embroidery and screen printing. To kick off your own project, contact us here.