- We recommend spot cleaning, but you can give your bag a nice soak and scrub if it needs it
- Do NOT put your Timbuk2 bag in the Washer
- Do NOT put your Timbuk2 bag in the Dryer
Our bags are known for being tough and playing rough. Over time this may begin to show a little on the outside, especially when it comes to lighter fabrics. Don't be afraid to give your bag a good solid dunk and scrub in the tub, sink or a bucket.
Stuff that will help:
- Damp towel or sponge
- Mild detergent (Do not use detergents with harsh chemicals as it will damage the fabric)
- Cleaning tool/Scrubber
- Water source
Fill bucket with the mild detergent and some water. Dip your cleaning tool/scrubber into the bucket and get ready to scrub.
Scrub scrub scrub!! But be gentle.
- Note: Do not scrub the inside of your bag, Custom Messenger Bags among other bags with Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) lining will get damaged if scrubbed
- When cleaning the inside of your bag, use the damp towel or sponge to wipe the lining.
Wipe off the suds with a towel.
Hang/lay your bag and leave it out to dry.
- Be sure not to place your bag under harsh weather conditions that could cause some damage while it being exposed...oh and be sure it’s sunny outside, can’t dry a bag if it’s raining… yeah you'd be surprised to know how many people have tried that.